NFDA Consumer Tips for Arranging a Funeral
At some time in our lives, most of us will make or assist in making funeral arrangements. This will not be an easy time, but the National Funeral Directors Association (NFDA) offers these tips for smart planning.
- Be an informed consumer. Don't be reluctant to ask questions.
- Today's funeral director offers a variety of options to meet your financial needs and wishes. Families should discuss all options with their funeral director when making arrangements.
- When selecting a funeral director, choose one who is licensed and has a good reputation in the community. Give thought to this decision as you would when choosing a doctor, attorney or other professional.
- Be prepared! Avoid the burden of making decision while under emotional stress by organizing details with your funeral director ahead of time. Remember ... preplanning doesn't necessarily mean prepaying.
- Plan a personalized ceremony or service to help you begin the healing process. Getting through grief is never easy but having a meaningful funeral will help.
- Contact a licensed funeral director or NFDA for more information on making meaningful arrangements.
Please call or e-mail Korisko Larkin Staskiewicz Funeral Home with any questions or to request more information.